Why UC San Diego?
Six undergraduate colleges, modeled after Oxford and Cambridge, offer friendly neighborhoods within the larger university. Make friends, learn, enjoy, network, grow, make an impact.
Explore the reasons top students choose UC San Diego:
- internationally respected academics
- interdisciplinary approach to learning
- involvement in campus communities
- ideal location
How to Apply
before you apply…
- Take a look at course offerings in the UC San Diego General Catalog.
- Explore the available fields of study:majors in every academic division, and minors that intrigue or inspire to add to your experience.
- Discover what research can mean to your undergraduate studies.
find out what you need to know…
- Review the Application and Admission Timeline for freshmen and transfer students.
- Questions? you and your family can talk with an Admissions Officer—walk-in hours, phone, or email contacts.
- Apply online between November 1 and 30 using the University of California application.
Finances & Financial Aid
Investing in your future takes a lot of planning. We can assist you in managing your education costs by helping you find financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, work-study programs, loans, and jobs.
UC San Diego faculty, staff, students, and families are joining administrators in proactively addressing current economic issues. We are optimistic about the opportunities ahead, and UC San Diego continues to be a great value:
- 10th best value among public universities in the nation 1
- 4th nationally in salary earnings among public university graduates 2
1 Princeton Review
3 US News & World Report, 2012
4 Washington Monthly’s College Guide, 2011
5 Shanghai Jiao Tong University / 2012 Rankings of World Universities