Tours for the Public
These 90-minute walking tours and bus tours feature some highlights of our campus, including notable architecture and some Stuart Collection sculptures. Your knowledgeable adult volunteer guide describes the history of major campus landmarks along the way as you stroll through the heart of the campus.
Tours for Prospective Students & Families
Are you thinking about applying to UC San Diego? Can you picture yourself as part of this campus? The best way to find out is to experience it in person!
Plan a visit for a look at the heart of the campus guided by a current UC San Diego student. You'll hear about our unique six-college system, research opportunities, impressive academics, and some of the activities you can get involved in.
The Triton Tour
- 90-minute walking tour led by a UCSD student
- Monday through Saturday (holiday weekends excepted)
- 10:00 a.m. (additional tours during spring break and summer months)
- includes an Information Session led by an Admissions Officer
School Group Tours
- For groups of 11 or more
- Options: Information Session & Student Panel for Q&A
Directions to Campus
Directions to Visitor Information Center on Gilman Drive
From the North
Exit Interstate 5 at La Jolla Village Drive and turn right into the right lane. Proceed through the next light and then turn to the right, up the ramp into UCSD. The Information Pavilion is on the right.
From the South
Exit Interstate 5 at Gilman Drive. Turn left and proceed about 1.5 miles until you go under the overpass which brings you to the UCSD entrance. The Information Pavilion is on the right.
- Use MapLink to get directions to campus from your location.